Adsense does not detract from your products and services. If you fail into this school of thought, then you are also leaving money on table. I have tested conversions of my products and services with and without adsense. When i removed adsense my conversion rate for my online course and free consult stayed the same. So how can you make some extra money with google adsense.
Position adsense ads at the top
I place a large rectangle ad between my main navigation and post title. I place another square ad between my post title and the first paragraph. Most people that click out on and ad before they read the first sentence of my post are not the type of people that will buy my products and services.
Block competitors ads
The vast majority of advertisers on your site will not be direct competitors with your own products and services. Th alleviate this concern, you can make a list of all the urls of tour competition and block them from showing ads.
Don’t show ads on your landing pages
If you publish adsense ads on your landing pages, then is will affect your conversion rates. This also goes for pages and posts that you use for email autoresponders or drip campaigns.
Optimizing adsense for carzy earnings
It takes traffic and lots of it, to break six figures in a year with adsense. However, a blog that makes $3000 a month from adsense ads that have not been optimized can make $9000 a month from the same traffic with optimized ads.
Group your ads above the fold 107% increase
You can use a maximum of three ads on any given page of your blog. The ads above the fold are going to get twice as many clicks as the ads below the fold. Double the clicks, double the revenue.
Ad Placement Tips:
- 970X90 Leaderboard: The ideal location for this ad is right beneath your main navigation. The smaller rectangular ads usually do not have enough pop to draw the click.
- 300X250 Square: This is the perfect size to place right below the title of your post. This location will always be your top earner. The 300X250 square is the most used size by advertisers. The increased competition usually leads to a higher cost per click than the other ad squares.
- 300X600 Half Page: This one works great at the top of the sidebar. I do not use this ad on my blog because i use a smart scrolling sidebar. Google does not allow you to place their ads in a smart scrolling sidebar.
Enable ads to show text and image ads 59% increase
By enabling both text and image ads, you are dramatically increasing the number of advertisers that are competing for your ad spots. All you need to do is go into the my ads tab and click edit ad type next to each ad.
Manually optimizing ads for all devices 54% increase
Google offers the option to grab a piece of code that automatically optimizes your ads for different devices, but this is not always the best choice. After seeing many of my ads have barely legible rectangle ads on mobile, i decided to manually optimize the ads using my theme controls.
- 300X250 Square is the king on mobile: The square ads outperformed all other sizes on mobile phones. The 300X250 square was the overall top performer.
- Hide the sidebar ads in tablets and mobile: The sidebar ads are pushed to the bottom of the post in tablet and mobile. If you have your sidebar ad active on mobile phones and tablets, then you will make next to nothing on this ad spot.
- Best grouping on mobile was top, mid, bottom: The highest performing set of all three ad units on mobile were three 300X250 squares placed at the top, middle and bottom of the post.
Track adsense on your top 50 most visited posts 41% increase
Adsense allows you to track stats for specific urls and the best practice is to plug in your top 50 most visited posts. For many of you, your 50 most visited posts will make up more than 20% of your total traffic.
- Look for post styles that perform better: I have a client who found that image posts using pagination received 172% more adesnse clicks than the other post styles. An example of this would be a pos t on the 20 richest women in the united states.
- Look for topics that pay out more per click: The amount of money that you get paid click all depends upon the topic that you are writing about. If you see a specific post that is paying out double the amount per click as the rest, then write more posts on the topic.
Choose the right WordPress theme 34% increase
Between my blogs and the blogs of my clients, I manage close to 100 blogs. The theme that performed the best was Newspaper. The newspaper theme earned 21% more revenue per 500,000 impressions the the theme that finished in second place.
Please share us 🙂 because sharing is all about caring 🙂